Frequently Asked Questions
Read through our FAQs here or visit our Support Center
How does Mightier work?
- What makes Mightier help my child control their emotions?
Children wear a Mighty Band heart rate monitor as they play that controls the level of difficulty in the games. As their heart rates go up, the games get harder to play. The challenges are designed with just the right amount of difficulty: too much, and kids will feel frustrated; not enough and the games won’t be fun to play. Kids learn to control their emotions by developing deep breathing skills during gameplay which then translates into the real world at times of stress.
- How do I download the app?
The Mightier app is available on iTunes for iPhone and iPad and Google Play. Please check for compatibility of your devices. The Mightier starter kit will include one Mighty band, charger and instructions for setup. Mightier does not include a tablet or phone to play on.
Is Mightier right for my family?
- How do I know if this program is a good fit for my child?
Mightier was built for kids 6-14 who have difficulty self-regulating and controlling their emotions. We generally help kids with big emotions of anger, frustration, or anxiety. Kids might have a formal diagnosis, or they may just need extra support.
- What age range is this for?
6-14. If your child is outside this age range we recommend you get in touch with us before purchasing.
- My child plays a lot of video games (like Minecraft), will this work for them?
We have a lot of “gamers” in our program but know that no one game is for everyone. We provide a growing library of games with the hope that your kid will find many games they love to support their learning. See our games.
- Can more than one child in a household play for the same price?
Yes, you can have as many children in the program as you would like for the same price. Some families buy an extra heart rate monitor, but most share.
- Will Mightier work for my child?
Mightier has helped kids with a range of emotional regulation challenges - from sensitive kids with big emotions to kids having difficulty managing anger, frustration, or anxiety. However, we know the program will not work for every child and offer full refunds in the first 3 months. Here is some feedback from families who have completed the Foundation Program:
- >80% say their child’s ability to regulate "improved a lot"
- >80% say their child learned new strategies
- >90% report a positive behavior change for their child
What is the Mightier guarantee?
- Do we return the heart rate band if we don’t want to continue with the subscription?
We only ask that you return the band if you request a refund in the first 3 months.
- Can I use my own heart rate band?
You will need to use the Mighty Band which is setup to work with our app.
- What if my heart rate band breaks? How do I replace my equipment?
If the heart rate monitor or chargers break within the first 12 months, we are happy to replace them. Mail us back the faulty items (shipping paid by us) and we will ship you new ones.
- What is the return policy?
We offer you a full refund in the first 3 months for any reason. We stand by our program and want to make sure it works for your family.
- Can I still return it if my child doesn’t like it?
What is the research behind Mightier?
- What is the research behind this/is it published?
Mightier was originally developed and tested at Boston Children’s Hospital by Dr. Kahn and his team. Learn more about his published research here.
How does coaching work?
- I saw we get bi-monthly coaching calls during the first 12 weeks. What happens during these calls?
Your dedicated Mightier coach will cover 6 topics with you to help you get the most out of the program. The topics range from how to develop emotional awareness to encouraging skills in daily life.
- Who are the coaches?
Masters level Social Workers and Psychologists.
- Should my child join to coaching calls?
These calls are for you as a parent - to give you support, answer questions, and provide feedback on how your child is progressing
- Do I always have the same coach?
Yes, your coach is with you throughout the 3-month Mightier Foundation Program to support you every step of the way.
- How long do the calls last?
Each call lasts 30 minutes.
How does play time work?
- How much time does my child need to play each week?
We find best results come when children play Mightier games for 45 minutes/week. This can be done whenever it fits best in your schedule.
- Can I still use this if I live out of state or internationally?
Absolutely, we have families using our program across the country and all around the world.
- Do I have to travel for this program?
Nope, we send everything to your home!
Still have questions? Contact us at 1-888-978-7495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.